we will do it together
The provision of healthcare has always carried risk. As medicine has advanced, expectations have risen and tolerance for risk has diminished. If something goes wrong, someone must be to blame.
At the same time, the complexity of modern medicine brings risks of its own. Often these have little to do with the mission of healthcare providers and caregivers. They derive from complex rules such as those regarding the handling of confidential information. If these risks are not well handled, they can prove enormously costly.
Needham Insurance is an expert in the healthcare sector and has created a medical malpractice insurance package specifically designed for small businesses.
A range of small businesses can benefit from Needham’s medical malpractice cover including:
• Complementary medical practitioners.
For example acupuncturists, counsellors, homeopaths, hypnotherapists, masseurs and reflexologists.
• Corporate health providers. For example ambulance/ repatriation services, beauty salons, laser eye clinics, health and fitness/gyms, health screening/mobile units, medical centres and medical employment agencies.
• Medical establishments. For example fertility clinics, cosmetic clinics, day care centres and nursing homes.
• Supplementary medical practitioners.
For example audiologists, beauticians, paramedics, advanced paramedics, emergency medical technicians, first aiders, podiatrists, speech therapists, opticians,pharmacists/chemists, carers, clinical and physiologists.
• Registered medical practitioners. For example doctors, dentists, surgeons, nurses, advanced nurse practitioners and cosmetic practitioners.
The provision of healthcare has always carried risk:
the Hippocratic oath forbad doctors operating on patients to remove gallstones because the procedure was deemed too risky. But as medicine has advanced, expectations have risen and tolerance for risk has diminished.
If something goes wrong, someone must be to blame.
Click on the link below and complete the enquiry form today
We offer a claims made policy with cover available for:
We would recommend the following practitioners take out cover.(this is not an exhaustive list)
Medical lab technician
Speech Surgeon therapist