If you carry valuable items while travelling, you need to check your policy to see if they’re covered if you pack them into luggage which is then checked into the hold, as sometimes these items need to be carried on your person in order for them to stay insured in transit.
Below is a list of items which may not be covered by your insurance when put into a suitcase and checked into the hold.
If you’re unsure what’s covered and where it should be packed, please get in touch with us!
- Photographic equipment including all accessories
- Sunglasses or spectacles
- Laptops, tablets, radio or audio equipment (including CD’s) and mobile phones
- Electronic equipment including electronic games, computers and mobile phones
- Leather or suede or fur clothing
- Personal jewellery, items of gold or silver or watches
- Video equipment
- Money, credit cards and passports
- Stamp, coin or medal collections
- Works of art
- Hearing aids
- Sports and leisure equipment and musical instruments